Contact

The Association can be contacted by email
wbra.committee@gmail.com

7 Responses to Contact

1. Di Lyall says:

NO MORE EGG SALES TO THE PUBLIC – DUE TO THEFT:
    Some time between 9-10.30am Mon 23 Sept an entire box of eggs for sale at the gate of 577 Waikawa Beach Road was stolen. Fresh free-range eggs have been for sale there for the last 3 years for locals and visitors to enjoy. Anyone now wishing to privately buy eggs regularly, and support happy healthy local chooks, may leave a note in the letterbox at #577. You will be contacted and eggs can be provided on an agreed set day.

2. Di Lyall says:

HAPPY UPDATE TO PREVIOUS EGG THEFT COMMENT:

Funny story. Yesterday I reluctantly posted a comment here regarding egg theft and resulting “no more eggs at the gate” advice to readers. It is with a sheepish grin that I am now able to retract this, having heard today from the local kerbside recycling company that in their zest, you guessed it, not only was my recycling collected and hefted into the truck yesterday, but also the entire box of 6 dozen eggs, money tin, teatowel, accompanying signage and all that sat separately on a chair next to our letterbox. It is with a happy heart I can now report that no outright theft actually occurred, merely egg on face for the removers who are reimbursing me for my loss.

So… as per previous years our beautiful eggs will again be available at the gate ($3 half dozen, $6 dozen) for all to enjoy every Fri thru Sun and on weekdays, hens permitting. We still welcome private orders.

Someone will have such fun cleaning egg out of the inside of that truck.

3. veronica harrod says:

I am in the process of finding out whether Horowhenua District Council has proceeded with applying negative LIM reports about Waikawa Beach properties even though in the public meeting held in August it said it wouldn’t.

Some property owners will have attended the meeting held by HDC at Manakau Hall on August 17 on “Waikawa Beach Coastal Hazards Analysis”.

We were told in that meeting verbally by the HDC representative that it was a discussion at this stage except the affected property owner, who only found out through a sale process (and isn’t even in the affected areas), which generally include streets and properties closest to the river. Except this property owner still had a negative LIM report applied to the property.

Funnily enough Strathnavern properties are not included at all and how much this has to do with the fact that the council gave permission for these properties to be subdivided is a question that obviously has to be asked. Except as anyone who knows the area would know these would probably be the most affected properties.

We were also told in the public meeting that council was awaiting the outcome of a legal challenge to KCDC (Kapiti Coast District Council) applying negative LIM reports to beach properties. It has a profoundly negative affect on property values which is why property owners challenged the decision in court. My understanding is that the court favoured the residents not the council. So, so much for waiting for the outcome of that decision.

I have asked for information regarding property information held by the council on my property and I strongly suggest everyone with properties at Waikawa Beach do the same. Especially residents of Drake Street, Manga Pirau Street and Arthur Street but not only as, like I said, the negative LIM report that nearly caused a sale to fall through didn’t even feature on maps that were given out at the public meeting.

I have also been informally told that the maps handed out at the meeting are different from maps the council is using. The maps handed out at the public meeting had been viewed before this comment was made.

So, high alert folks.

regards
    veronica harrod

4. veronica harrod says:

No doubt I am not the only one at Waikawa Beach who is receiving information about the Roads of National Significance proposals between Otaki and North of Levin. I asked the NZ Transport Agency in an email what about entry and exit from and to Waikawa Beach Road. The reply I received essentially said “we are not considering that at this stage”. It is also clear that the proposal maps make it clear the turning lane for traffic travelling south from SH1 into Waikawa Beach Road is also going to be closed. I strongly suspect that Waikawa Beach residents are going to be faced with the same situation as Te Horo residents in that there is no entry/exit there either. I have included a link below to the story. So, how are residents at Waikawa Beach going to enter and exit Waikawa Beach Road. There is not one mention of this road in any of the material provided. The road features, sure, but there isn’t any proposals included except for the intention to close the south bound passing lane. This is a matter the ratepayers and residents association should be involved in as it directly affects residents and ratepayers. I have sent another email to the transport agency seeking clarification. Anyway, relevant article regarding Te Horo residents who faced the same situation as their road was being left until “later” too.

5. 0800 REGGIE says:

Totally agree with certain points you mention Veronica, totally! Strathnaver Glen property owners in the low lying areas are definitely in for a surprise in terms of coastal erosion; this is a primary reason HDC are doing the river cuts because that is the direction our river meanders as all permanent residents are fully aware of; namely the beautiful big house just built right on the edge\front of the estuary, your guess is as good as mine in terms of council approving building there…totally baffled with that one! I think everyone here is in for the long haul in terms of negative LIM reports having negative impacts for owners & valuations etc and I believe the Kapiti Coast Ratepayers are still in discussion with all official parties but it is noted that nothing is set in terms of official precedents at this point in time. A lot of us won’t even be here come 2060 “1st Alert” but it does require homework from us; for those we leave behind us. My wife was also present when the HDC rep verbally stated “discussion only” with coastal erosion data on LIM reports! Meanwhile our rates continue to rise…only god above knows what’s next, is all I can offer I’m sorry to state.

6. veronica harrod says:

Yeah but it’s not just about HDC approving resource consent but its more about how for some miraculous reason that none of the properties that are a part of strathnavern are apparently going to be affected by coastal erosion. As you say “this is a primary reason HDC are doing the river cuts because that is the direction our river meanders as all permanent residents are fully aware of; namely the beautiful big house just built right on the edge\front of the estuary” yet they are not listed as being affected by coastal erosion? How can all the properties next to the river in Manga Pirau be affected by coastal erosion but not the properties in Strathnavern that sit beside the estuary?Which is why there’s something not very honest or clean about this whole process. I am going to take photos of the houses that are built in front of the estuary on the strathnavern development and raise the discrepancy when we get a chance to discuss this matter when council has public discussion about the district plan (as opposed to all the private meetings that seem to be held more regularly than the public ones; ‘workshops” is the euphemism used to describe these meetings). Environmental services manager Tony Thomas said we would have the opportunity to raise the matter of coastal hazard notifications at district plan meetings when I had a verbal meeting with him about this whole matter (although separating the lies from the truth is becoming difficult).

7. veronica harrod says:

I have sent an email to HDC asking for a log in number about this matter but was wondering whether anyone else experiencing problems with rubbish collection service too.

Included below is my email to HDC

The rubbish collectors must have a alternate letter-box number day when collecting rubbish in Arthur Street, Waikawa Beach these days. A rubbish bag put out by a bach owner over the road at 11 Arthur Street was put out on Saturday 12 July; I know because I saw it over the road.

I saw someone else over the road at number 15 put there’s out on the morning of 14 July. For some unknown reason the rubbish bag at number 15 Arthur street was collected yet, despite the rubbish collectors having to pass by the rubbish bag put out at 11 Arthur street not once but twice, for some reason that is beyond me choose to leave it there and not collect it!

Go figure. I know. In fact the rubbish collection in Arthur street is rather inconsistent to say the least lately. I don’t know what the problem is but surely one of the core performance indicators of a rubbish collection service is that rubbish bags that are put out in a timely manner and in the correct rubbish bags should be collected.

This has happened on at least three occasions now in the last few months and I want a log in number of this because I want to start tracking the inability of the rubbish collector service contracted by HDC to “collect the rubbish bags”.

Hopefully this situation will resolve itself as I like to think the exorbitant rates increase the council has seen fit to impose on us means that at least we can be guaranteed a reliable rubbish service when the ratepayers fulfill their obligations by conforming with what is expected of us.

At present this is not the case and nor can the rubbish collection service be relied on.